Tuesday, August 2, 2016

WHY UZBEKISTAN?


WHY UZBEKISTAN?
Some years ago, with a dodgy visa and undeclared currency I set off to visit the Stans of Central Asia.. it turned out to be a fun and at times scary adventure.  Back then Russia still controlled and probably  does even now, the lives of the people I met along the way.  It was quite an education for an Aussie from Queensland.





The series though belongs to the people I met, the women whose lives they knew would change so dramatically as their countries reverted back to the laws of Islam...  while not fully enjoying the Soviet Unions rule of thumb they did still enjoy a modicum of freedom of choice, now they were facing a life where women had little or no say about their future.

I made this journey some 20 odd years ago and I wonder now where these women are ...

CLICK ON THIS LINK TO FOLLOW THE 14 EPISODES...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, your comments good, bad or indifferent are always welcome..your anonymity will be respected. But remember if you want me to reply you will need to supply a contact email address otherwise I will never know who you are.